As a tenant, why choose a safeagent accredited firm?
As a tenant, using a firm that’s accredited by safeagent will provide you with peace of mind in knowing that the agent meets our strict criteria for accreditation. Be sure to look for the safeagent logo which demonstrates that the firm is part of our Scheme
Any member of safeagent has to meet to the following criteria:
- Have in place an insurance policy to pay to rectify mistakes in the unfortunate event that they occur (Professional Indemnity Insurance)
- Have a client account(s) where clients’ money is held separately from the operating funds of the firm. The client account(s) will be provided by an FCA authorised bank or building society
- Be part of a Client Money Protection Scheme
- Commit to offer services to landlords and tenants meeting safeagent Service Standards
- Have a written Customer Complaints Procedure which offers independent redress should any complaint from a landlord or tenant not be resolved in-house
Be sure to look for the safeagent accredited firm logo which demonstrates that the firm is part of our Scheme.