Getting accredited: Prerequisites
Becoming safeagent accredited involves a 2 step process:
- Step 1 – complete the online application form
- Step 2 – complete a pack which includes templates and examples of the documents required.
Part 1: safeagent criteria
Your firm must:
- Hold current Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) meeting safeagent requirements
- Belong to an existing Client Money Protection (CMP) Scheme or become part of the safeagent CMP scheme
- Comply with safeagent Accounting Standards
- Operate a dedicated client account
- Be a member of a Redress Scheme
- Adhere to safeagent Code of Practice and Service Standards
- Acknowledge agreement of safeagent Terms and Conditions
Part 2: supporting documentation
- If your firm has more than one office, you must supply a spreadsheet containing details of all offices of the firm that offer residential lettings and / or management. This list will also need to contain contact details of each office for the safeagent website directory.
- A Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) Compliance Certificate from your insurer or broker (Not applicable if you are a member of an existing regulatory organisation).
- An Accountant’s Declaration or an Accountant’s Report, depending on the length of time the firm has been trading (Not applicable if you are a member of an existing regulatory organisation).
- A letter from your bank confirming that your Client Account(s) are set up correctly (Not applicable if you are a member of an existing regulatory organisation).
- A copy of your firm’s Customer Complaints procedure.
- A copy of your firm’s Terms of Business encompassing the safeagent Service Standards.
- The safeagent Declaration signed by all Principals, Partners or Directors.
- Payment of the administration fee, subscription fee and Client Money Protection contribution.