COVID-19 – Keeping the Private Rented Sector safe
Information for agents
During the pandemic, safety has remained the number one priority for safeagent and its accredited firms. safeagent has compiled the latest Government guidance and advice, in order to best support tenants, landlords and letting agency staff.
You should adhere to the following guidance, which is regularly updated:
- COVID-19 and renting: guidance for landlords, tenants and local authorities
- Understanding the possession action process: guidance for landlords and tenants
- Government advice on home moving during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
Financial support and advice
- The Ban on evictions for commercial tenants who miss rent payments is still in place.
- The Coronavirus Business Intervention Fund will be interest-free for 12 months.
- Updated HMRC guidance can be found at COVID-19: support for businesses and COVID-19: guidance for employees
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS) has been extended until the end of September 2021 for all parts of the UK.